Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; John Francis
Caption Master 7/1/10 La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One John Francis 3216 TC: SD 29.97 DF TRT: 26:16 Op: BH VTR: 626 Anamorphic, CC
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- John Francis
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
n this episode of One-on-One, María Hinojosa talks with John Francis, the founder of the nonprofit organization Planetwalk. Dedicated to raising environmental consciousness, he stopped using motorized transportation, and for 22 years he walked over 20,000 miles throughout the United States and Latin America. Francis also stopped speaking for 17 years (1973-1990) to demonstrate the importance and power of listening over arguing. Today, he serves as a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Environment Program and writes pollution regulations for the Coast Guard.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; John Francis,” 08/21/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C009A41CE7241D3BF267AD1553EDD15.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; John Francis.” 08/21/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C009A41CE7241D3BF267AD1553EDD15>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; John Francis. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C009A41CE7241D3BF267AD1553EDD15