Arthur; Arthur’s Faraway Friend; Arthur and the Square Dance
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Faraway Friend; Arthur and the Square Dance
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Faraway Friend: Arthur's in the midst of writing a great adventure story with Buster when he gets some very bad news--Buster is leaving town to go live with his Dad for a while. Is this the end of their story? Is it the end of their friendship?
Arthur and the Square Dance: Is The Brain a snob? That seems to be the only explanation for why he won't go to Waterworld with the rest of his friends. But Arthur concludes that theory is all wet as he tries to discover what's really bugging the Brain.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Faraway Friend; Arthur and the Square Dance,” 01/16/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2B8E604DE4F441428A9B00A9382B94D8.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Faraway Friend; Arthur and the Square Dance.” 01/16/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2B8E604DE4F441428A9B00A9382B94D8>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Faraway Friend; Arthur and the Square Dance. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2B8E604DE4F441428A9B00A9382B94D8