Market Warriors; Antiquing in Brimfield, MA, Part 1
MARKET WARRIORS 104 Antiquing in Brimfield, MA (Part 1) EE Master - Texted, Mixed, No CC TRT: 56:40 Revised Master for Web: 1/18/12 Last Broadcast: 9/3/12
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Market Warriors
- Antiquing in Brimfield, MA, Part 1
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered July 16, 2012 NOTE: Fred Willard was replaced by Mark Walberg as series off camera host after episode 101.
Market Warriors is a series in which expert antiques "pickers" embark on a nationwide treasure hunt, scouring flea markets for vintage valuables and selling their finds at auction with an eye toward maximizing profit. These pickers aren't your amateur-weekend-flea-market hobbyists-they are pros, here to compete against each other in a competition that takes us on a cross-country adventure. In each episode, four pickers travel to different market locations across the country to purchase certain items with a set amount of money. We will learn not only about different objects and their history; we'll see the competitors apply their knowledge and skills to real financial transactions. Using individual interviews we will get to know our pickers and learn about what they bought and why. We then will discover the current value of the objects as only the marketplace can determine. The sale of our pickers' items takes place at an auction on a different day, in a different location. Before the auction, we will hear our auction house experts appraise each of these items and their estimates won't always jibe with the dollar value our pickers have attached to these objects. All four competitors will watch the auctioneer take charge of the bidding and the picker whose objects make the highest total profit at auction is the winner of that episode.
Scoreboard: Who's been the big winner this season?
1st: Kevin Bruneau with 10 wins 2nd: Bob Richter with 4 wins 3rd: Miller Gaffney with 3 wins 4th: John Bruno with 2 wins 5th: Bene Raia with 1 win Series release date: 07/16/2012
- Program Description
This week on MARKET WARRIORS, pickers Miller, John, Bob and Kevin head to the Brimfield, Massachusetts, home of the largest outdoor market in the world. The pickers struggle to find the right items to sell at Cowan’s Auction in Cincinnati, Ohio. As part of the challenge this week, the pickers are teamed up and tasked with finding art glass among the market’s 6,000 vendors. Some notable picks include examples of Bohemian art glass, a vintage scale and a handmade dollhouse.
Shopping Location: Brimfield Antiques and Collectibles Show, Brimfield, MA Auction House: Cowan's Auction, Cincinnati, OH
Winner: Kevin Bruneau
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Game Show
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Bemko, Marsha (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Market Warriors; Antiquing in Brimfield, MA, Part 1,” 08/06/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 3, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2B819D7802AB4F1A98BB518163478DFD.
- MLA: “Market Warriors; Antiquing in Brimfield, MA, Part 1.” 08/06/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 3, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2B819D7802AB4F1A98BB518163478DFD>.
- APA: Market Warriors; Antiquing in Brimfield, MA, Part 1. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2B819D7802AB4F1A98BB518163478DFD