Martha Speaks; Oh, Noooo!; Bye, Martha
MSPE 110 (HD) Media Operations Center PBS 3469
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Oh, Noooo!; Bye, Martha
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Oh, Noooo! Granny Flo's Alphabet Soup is taking a licking from the competition, Oodles of Os. If Granny Flo goes out of business, how will Martha communicate? To increase sales, Helen, Martha, and T.D. set out to convince Granny Flo to advertise on the popular TV show, International Icon. Who will Granny Flo choose as a spokesperson?
Vocabulary: (E) deceive, honest, dishonest, mislead, popular
(I) trust, believe, fooling, right, wrong, advertise
Bye, Martha Nefarious con artist Weaselgraft hatches a scheme to kidnap Martha by pretending to be Martha's long–lost owner . . . from Poland. The family sniffs something suspicious, but why has Martha suddenly begun speaking Polish? Will they really have to say pozegnalny to Martha?
Vocabulary: (E) deny, admit, claim, false, translate
(I) switch, mistake, trick, fraud
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Oh, Noooo!; Bye, Martha,” 09/13/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2B31E98971784451B5BFC317D9BA0928.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Oh, Noooo!; Bye, Martha.” 09/13/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2B31E98971784451B5BFC317D9BA0928>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Oh, Noooo!; Bye, Martha. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2B31E98971784451B5BFC317D9BA0928