La Plaza; Learning to Exhale: Latinos and Stress
LP Program 2005: Learning to Exhale - Latinos and Stress with English sub-titles
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Learning to Exhale: Latinos and Stress
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
This program looks at Latinos suffering from depression due to the overwhelming stress caused by past and present life experiences and their inability to appropriately cope with the stress those issues provoke. The documentary focuses on the services that are available in the city of Worcester to help Latino patients suffering from the illness.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Learning to Exhale: Latinos and Stress,” 04/23/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2ABEB7822B054FD89418822C69379A26.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Learning to Exhale: Latinos and Stress.” 04/23/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2ABEB7822B054FD89418822C69379A26>.
- APA: La Plaza; Learning to Exhale: Latinos and Stress. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2ABEB7822B054FD89418822C69379A26