Martha Speaks; Alice Twinkle Toes; Martha Fails the Course
MSPE 124 db/MR-2 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Alice Twinkle Toes; Martha Fails the Course
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Alice Twinkle Toes Alice is a talented athlete, but grace is not her middle name. After she sees a performance of the ballet, she secretly wishes she could take ballet lessons. But how can she ever admit she's interested when she knows her brother Ronald will tease her mercilessly?
Vocabulary: (E) awkward, balance, clumsy, graceful, coordinated
(I) athlete, dancer, klutz, stumble, beautiful
Martha Fails the Course After she sees a dog agility course on TV, Martha decides being an agility dog is just the thing for her. But when she tries out a course that Mrs. Clusky built for François, her agility dream becomes a nightmare. Now Martha won't even walk in public. How can Helen and Alice get Martha back on her feet?
Vocabulary: (E) agility, flexible, nimble, challenge, course
(I) speed, smooth, quick, move, fall
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Alice Twinkle Toes; Martha Fails the Course,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2A730F2AA15F4D2896AA6AF6EFA3CBAB.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Alice Twinkle Toes; Martha Fails the Course.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2A730F2AA15F4D2896AA6AF6EFA3CBAB>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Alice Twinkle Toes; Martha Fails the Course. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2A730F2AA15F4D2896AA6AF6EFA3CBAB