Arthur; Arthur Babysits; Arthur’s Cousin Catastrophe
EE Master VTR 61 DFTC GSJ
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Babysits; Arthur’s Cousin Catastrophe
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur Babysits: You think running a marathon is hard? Try babysitting for the Terrible Tibble Twins. First you'll have find them, then you'll have to deal with the "throw all your food on the floor" trick and the "tie your babysitter to a chair" game. Clearly, this is a job for--SWAMP THING! Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
Arthur's Cousin Catastrophe: Arthur's family is hosting the once-a-year-is-more-than-enough family reunion. This is where Uncle Bud blinds everyone with his new flash, Dad plans hours of fun, fun, fun, and Arthur's cousin Mo spends the day being a pest. But a major thunderstorm turns this into a reunion to remember....
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Babysits; Arthur’s Cousin Catastrophe,” 10/04/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2A079A60D5294C3FB93F7A976797BCBB.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Babysits; Arthur’s Cousin Catastrophe.” 10/04/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2A079A60D5294C3FB93F7A976797BCBB>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Babysits; Arthur’s Cousin Catastrophe. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2A079A60D5294C3FB93F7A976797BCBB