Antiques Roadshow; Durham, NC
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Durham, NC
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
Viewers share in the delight and disappointment of Durham, North Carolina collectors as ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experts reveal the true value of their silver, porcelain, musical instruments, furniture and more. While in the Research Triangle area, host Chris Jussel visits the historic Duke family homestead and Duke University—two of the many North Carolina landmarks traced to this philanthropic family. At the Durham Civic Center, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisers still encounter some interesting finds: autographed photos of Buffalo Bill and Annie Oakley and a compelling American Impressionist painting.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Durham, NC,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29EA65F756624712B44DA918950C8173.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Durham, NC.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29EA65F756624712B44DA918950C8173>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Durham, NC. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29EA65F756624712B44DA918950C8173