Ten O'Clock News; L. Douglas Wilder
Douglas Wilder, the Democratic candidate for Governor of Virginia, visits the African Meeting House in Boston. Wilder speaks to Director Ruth Batson. Reporter Marcus Jones notes that Wilder is expected to win the election; he adds that Wilder will become the first African American governor of any state in the nation. Jones reviews Wilder's career. Interview with Wilder at the African Meeting House. He talks about his campaign for governor. Wilder downplays speculation that he could be a presidential candidate in 1992. Jones notes that Wilder is visiting Boston to meet supporters and to raise funds for his campaign. Following the edited story is additional footage of Wilder visiting the Meeting House and footage of Jones's interview with Wilder.
- Ten O'Clock News
L. Douglas Wilder
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Wilder, Lawrence Douglas, 1931-
- African American politicians
- Political campaigns
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Wilder, Lawrence Douglas, 1931- (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; L. Douglas Wilder,” 05/18/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 3, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29E0C04D54A74C90851C88269D038683.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; L. Douglas Wilder.” 05/18/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 3, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29E0C04D54A74C90851C88269D038683>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; L. Douglas Wilder. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29E0C04D54A74C90851C88269D038683