Arthur; Shore Thing, The; Double Dare
Tr. 1-2 Stereo English Mix ,Tr. 3 Mono SFX, Tr. 4 Mono Dialogue, TC Drop Frame
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Shore Thing, The; Double Dare
- Program Number
77A - 77B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
501: Double Dare: What if your friends dared you to skip homework -- and then double dared you to skip school?! Find out what happens when Arthur's wish to play hooky becomes a group pact... and the plan goes not quite as expected.
503: The Shore Thing: Arthur and D.W. beg Dad to take them to Aqualand -- the coolest water park ever! But he says that he knows an even better place... 'Ocean Zone.' The kids explore the old-fashioned ocean, and find all kinds of cool sea stuff by the sea shore.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Shore Thing, The; Double Dare,” 08/28/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29953F56335845129138CE0C1DB9CAE0.
- MLA: “Arthur; Shore Thing, The; Double Dare.” 08/28/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29953F56335845129138CE0C1DB9CAE0>.
- APA: Arthur; Shore Thing, The; Double Dare. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29953F56335845129138CE0C1DB9CAE0