Food Trip with Todd English; Israel: Land of Milk and Honey
Milk and Honey SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Israel: Land of Milk and Honey
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Todd English makes a culinary pilgrimage back to Israel after a thirteen-year hiatus where he and other notable American chefs cooked, ate and got to know the Israeli culture. Eating his way from Akko to Nazareth then Jerusalem, Todd stops to visit Holy sites such as the Wailing Wall and the Crusader City. He concludes his food trip with a traditional Chanukah dinner. Upon his return to Olives, his restaurant in Boston, Todd cooks up the ultimate dish for a true Arabian night.
Recipes: Duck Schwarma with Sweet Pea Hummus and Pickled Carrots
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Israel: Land of Milk and Honey,” 04/28/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_297B2603F6F24504A76F37C755163D68.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Israel: Land of Milk and Honey.” 04/28/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_297B2603F6F24504A76F37C755163D68>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Israel: Land of Milk and Honey. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_297B2603F6F24504A76F37C755163D68