Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; Playboy of the Western World
Preview show #12 features clip from performance, interivew with actress, and commentary from Professor Ann Saddlemyer. Produced by Joan Sullivan; directed by David Atwood. 1975
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama
- Playboy of the Western World
- Program Number
- Series Description
BBC productions of classic drama; interviews with actors, directors precede each play: "Edward II," "Macbeth," "The Duchess of Malfi," "Paradise Restored," "She Stoops to Conquer," "Candide," "The Rivals," "The Wild Duck," "Hedda Gabler," "Trelawny of the Wells," "The Three Sisters," "The Playboy of the Western World," "Uncle Vanya," "Mrs. Warren's Profession."
Interviews with actors, directors and scholars aired the evening before on Classic Theatre Preview.
See Prime Time Program Guide September 1975 for cover story. Series release date: 1975
- Program Description
Ann Saddlemyer, from the University of Toronto, and producer Cedric Messina discuss Synge's play. Actress Sinead Cusack talks about her role as Pegeen Mike.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Wilson, Joan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; Playboy of the Western World,” 12/05/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 3, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29674A92C3D84BA28AA9B2F1D9250318.
- MLA: “Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; Playboy of the Western World.” 12/05/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 3, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29674A92C3D84BA28AA9B2F1D9250318>.
- APA: Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; Playboy of the Western World. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_29674A92C3D84BA28AA9B2F1D9250318