Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; HEDDA GABLER
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama
- HEDDA GABLER
- Program Number
- Series Description
BBC productions of classic drama; interviews with actors, directors precede each play: "Edward II," "Macbeth," "The Duchess of Malfi," "Paradise Restored," "She Stoops to Conquer," "Candide," "The Rivals," "The Wild Duck," "Hedda Gabler," "Trelawny of the Wells," "The Three Sisters," "The Playboy of the Western World," "Uncle Vanya," "Mrs. Warren's Profession."
Interviews with actors, directors and scholars aired the evening before on Classic Theatre Preview.
See Prime Time Program Guide September 1975 for cover story. Series release date: 1975
- Program Description
Two find Heddas, Eva Le Gallienne and Janet Suzman (star of this production), talk about this juiciest of roles, background and excerpts included.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Wilson, Joan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; HEDDA GABLER,” 11/04/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2928833EF60543F7B9CCF31327AA83B3.
- MLA: “Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; HEDDA GABLER.” 11/04/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2928833EF60543F7B9CCF31327AA83B3>.
- APA: Classic Theatre: The Humanities in Drama; HEDDA GABLER. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2928833EF60543F7B9CCF31327AA83B3