Simply Ming; Lemongrass/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemongrass and EVOO with Todd English Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Lemongrass/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Todd English
Lemongrass is an East ingredient that has a big lemon flavor without the acidity. When paired with Extra Virgin Olive Oil you have a flavor combination that is sure to please the palate. Ming uses lemongrass and EVOO to create two “All-In-One” dishes: Lemongrass Capellini with Clams and Broccoli Rabe, and Lemongrass Marinated Chicken Breasts with Couscous. Rounding out the meal is a simple Arugula Salad with Lemongrass Pecans. Guest Chef Todd English invites us to his NYC apartment where he prepares Olive Oil Braised Lobster with Lemongrass and Charred Corn.
Lemongrass Capellini with Clams and Broccoli Rabe
Lemongrass Marinated Chicken Breast with Olive Couscous
Arugula Salad with Lemongrass Pecans
Todd English's Olive Oil Braised Lobster with Lemongrass Corn
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Lemongrass/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil,” 12/15/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_28D1E7F205F548B08A05F065EA6C2959.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Lemongrass/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil.” 12/15/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_28D1E7F205F548B08A05F065EA6C2959>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Lemongrass/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_28D1E7F205F548B08A05F065EA6C2959