Simply Ming; Maitake Mushrooms/ Worcestershire Sauce
Maitake Mushrooms and Worchestershire Sauce with Tony Maws
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Maitake Mushrooms/ Worcestershire Sauce
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Tony Maws
In this week’s helping of SIMPLY MING, Chef Ming Tsai introduces Japan’s “dancing mushroom,” Maitake, to the popular fermented condiment, Worcestershire Sauce. First, Ming prepares a new take on an Asian classic with a Maitake-Chicken Hot and Sour Soup. Then, Ming mixes things up with Angry and Killer Shrimp and Maitakes on Grits. While preparing a delicious Maitake Brown Rice Risotto, Ming shares his restaurant method for getting risotto ready for a dinner party or guests. And later, Tony Maws, chef/proprietor of Craigie on Main, stops by Ming’s studio kitchen, where he puts the East-West pair to work in his impressive Braised Oxtails with Maitake, Caramelized Shallots and Orange.
Recipes Angry and Killer Shrimp and Maitakes on Grits Maitake Brown Rice Risotto Maitake-Chicken Hot and Sour Soup Tony Maws's Braised Oxtails With Maitake, Caramelized Shallots And Orange
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Maitake Mushrooms/ Worcestershire Sauce,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_286000B8A49840F6800E4175E904EED6.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Maitake Mushrooms/ Worcestershire Sauce.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_286000B8A49840F6800E4175E904EED6>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Maitake Mushrooms/ Worcestershire Sauce. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_286000B8A49840F6800E4175E904EED6