Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Living Off The Land
Living off the Land
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Living Off The Land
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
From organic foods to exotic fruits, we'll uncover stories about chefs and laymen alike who use only the freshest, purest natural ingredients to create delicious and unusual recipes. Crisscrossing the globe, we'll find out how a couple in Maine have been changing the face of American farming with their cutting edge cold weather harvesting techniques, head to Lima, Peru where we'll catch fish in the Amazon, and explore the incredible offerings of a garden in western France. Join us as we learn how local products and traditions influence cuisine around the world.
RECIPES Beets in Salt Crust Gazpacho with Moutarde D'Orléans Ice Cream Lamb's Quarter Pesto Poached Pears with Quince Paste in Parmesan Cloaks
Exclusive Call of the Wild Ingredients for dinner are as close as your backyard, says master forager Richard Wiese, who gives us tips for finding edibles in unlikely locations and overcoming the fear of foraging.
From the Pages of Gourmet Magazine Back on the Farm by Dan Barber A Grand Experiment by Bill McKibben His Ham Stands Alone by John T. Edge
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Living Off The Land,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2853AD15D4DF4A6FAC56A1FB4E861376.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Living Off The Land.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2853AD15D4DF4A6FAC56A1FB4E861376>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Living Off The Land. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2853AD15D4DF4A6FAC56A1FB4E861376