La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dina Fernández
Not Closed Captioned
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dina Fernández
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Journalist Dina Fernández is the Sunday magazine editor/columnist of the Guatemalan publication Prensa Libre: Currently a Nieman Fellow at Harvard University, her concentration is on the role of the press in emerging democracies and newly launched free-market economies in Latin America.
Ilan Stavans talks with Dina Fernández García about Guatemala, journalism and democracy. Dina Fernández is a Guatemalan journalist with Prensa Libre, the leading newspaper in her country. She writes a biweekly column, “Xokomil,” and is editor of Domingo, Prensa Libre’s Sunday magazine. Fernández has a degree in cultural anthropology from the Universidad del Valle de Guatemala. IN 1993, she moved to New York and entered the Graduate School of Journalism at Columbia University. She returned to Guatemala after earning her Master’s Degree and began working as a reporter.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dina Fernández,” 02/11/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_27A7861E5DB8419F9CCE4B05D753C5EF.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dina Fernández.” 02/11/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_27A7861E5DB8419F9CCE4B05D753C5EF>.
- APA: La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Dina Fernández. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_27A7861E5DB8419F9CCE4B05D753C5EF