Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Close Reading for Understanding
Teaching Reading 3-5 #15 Close Reading for Understanding Teacher- Dana Robertson
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices
- Close Reading for Understanding
- Program Number
- Series Description
Completed in 2005 This video workshop with auxiliary classroom videos will show intermediate elementary teachers how to help their students transition from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” The entire classroom lessons are included in eight additional video programs for optional further exploration of each topic. Series release date: 2005
- Program Description
Fifth-grade teacher Dana Robertson models strategic reading, and teaches his students the strategies readers use to comprehend the text. He then continues with small group instruction while other students work independently. (Optional classroom program)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Lawman, Kelly (Series Producer)
- Browne, John (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Close Reading for Understanding,” 06/09/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2768AF0E49764947B988509B50027DFB.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Close Reading for Understanding.” 06/09/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2768AF0E49764947B988509B50027DFB>.
- APA: Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Close Reading for Understanding. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2768AF0E49764947B988509B50027DFB