Arthur; Looking for Bonnie; Pride of Lakewood, The
D-Beta, green label broadcast master. Mix Tracks
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Looking for Bonnie; Pride of Lakewood, The
- Program Number
1310; 165A; 1309; 165B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets:
Looking For Bonnie, 165A
Famous rock musician Dean Lomax visits Elwood City and calls on George's dad to fix his equally famous guitar, named Bonnie. Legend says that Bonnie is magical, and Buster and George are convinced that just one strum will give them special powers. And during one late night sleepover, they sneak into Dad’s workshop to find out if it’s true…
Pride of Lakewood, The, 165B
To boost school pride, Arthur and his classmates form the Lakewood Pride Committee, which immediately and fervently adds members, distributes buttons and creates special chants. But Brain and Sue Ellen, feeling pressured, decide they don’t want to join – and are accused of not loving their school. Can they prove that they’re proud of Lakewood Elementary even if they’re not part of this new group?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Looking for Bonnie; Pride of Lakewood, The,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_271EF9F313CA436AAE0C309ED8C42A4A.
- MLA: “Arthur; Looking for Bonnie; Pride of Lakewood, The.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_271EF9F313CA436AAE0C309ED8C42A4A>.
- APA: Arthur; Looking for Bonnie; Pride of Lakewood, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_271EF9F313CA436AAE0C309ED8C42A4A