Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series VI: Chinese Walls
HV (home video) Master No CC/No DVS This was Inspector Lynley Mysteries Series V in the UK
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series VI: Chinese Walls
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Lynley and Havers are catapulted into the bizarre world of internet vice when they investigate the mysterious and brutal death of Emily Proctor, an aspiring barrister. Proctor is found axed to death in Hyde Park.
Lynley and Havers' investigation draws them to the chambers of human rights lawyer Tony Wainwright and his clerk Hester Reed. Wainwright's passionate temper and a concealed affair with the victim seem to mark him as the main suspect, but when Emily's double life is exposed, Lynley and Havers enter a world of internet porn and a family haunted by secrets.
Lynley, meanwhile, rekindles his relationship with his estranged wife, Helen.
Guest stars include Samuel West as Tony Wainwright, Lindsey Coulson as Hester Reed, Joe Armstrong as Darren, and Catherine Russell as Helen.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series VI: Chinese Walls,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_26FD780C62374717853E6B440B40E31B.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series VI: Chinese Walls.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_26FD780C62374717853E6B440B40E31B>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series VI: Chinese Walls. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_26FD780C62374717853E6B440B40E31B