Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks III, Dennis Nurkse
Part of New Television Workshop.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks III, Dennis Nurkse
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
D. Nurkse introduces and reads poems from his published and unpublished works. Multiple takes of the following poems appear on the master tape: “Allmos” “Inventing Nations” “Final Separation” “Last Anniversary” "Beginning with Evening" “Only Child” “Black River”
Multiple takes of these and the following poems appear on the source tapes of original footage: “Turtu” “Marion River”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Poetry reading
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Nurkse, D., 1949- ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks III, Dennis Nurkse,” 06/29/1995, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_269BD78AB9A547128D50459142CD9C99.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks III, Dennis Nurkse.” 06/29/1995. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_269BD78AB9A547128D50459142CD9C99>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks III, Dennis Nurkse. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_269BD78AB9A547128D50459142CD9C99