Ten O'Clock News; Discontent with black leadership
Marcus Jones reports that a poll by The Boston Globe found that African American residents do not think that African American politicians are providing strong leadership for the community. Interviews with African American residents David Reddick, Evangeline Josey, and Joe King about African American leadership. Jones reports that Donald Polk (Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts) does not believe that the Boston Globe poll is a good measure of the effectiveness of the African American leadership. Interview with Polk who says it is easy to criticize the leadership. He adds that residents need to get more involved in the activities of the community. Jones' report is accompanied by footage of Bruce Bolling (Boston City Council) on the Phil Donahue show in October of 1986.
- Ten O'Clock News
Discontent with black leadership
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- African American politicians
- African Americans -- Politics and government
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012
- News Report
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Discontent with black leadership,” 06/15/1988, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_26616B4772FD4E25AFFC50FDFCEFCB56.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Discontent with black leadership.” 06/15/1988. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_26616B4772FD4E25AFFC50FDFCEFCB56>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Discontent with black leadership. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_26616B4772FD4E25AFFC50FDFCEFCB56