Arthur; Arthur’s Treasure Hunt; The Return of the King
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Treasure Hunt; The Return of the King
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Treasure Hunt: When Buster digs up an ancient arrowhead, everyone else wants to hunt for buried treasures, too. But how can Arthur become a famous discoverer of lost civilizations and stuff if his Mom won't let him dig up the back yard?
The Return of the King: A field trip to the Medieval Fair pits Arthur's class against another led by Ratburn's super-tough mentor, Mr. Pryce-Jones. Arthur and the gang suffer defeat after humiliating defeat against the smarter, stronger competitors. Can Arthur save the day -- and be crowned king?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Treasure Hunt; The Return of the King,” 09/01/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 4, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_261E4BE936584F3C872E17B9EFC82484.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Treasure Hunt; The Return of the King.” 09/01/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 4, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_261E4BE936584F3C872E17B9EFC82484>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Treasure Hunt; The Return of the King. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_261E4BE936584F3C872E17B9EFC82484