FRONTLINE Special Report; Kind Hearted Woman, Part 1
WGBH EDITED MASTER (GREEN LABEL) Kind Hearted Woman, Part 1, Tape 1 of 1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- FRONTLINE Special Report
- Kind Hearted Woman, Part 1
- Program Number
- Series Description
Since January 1983, FRONTLINE has served as American public television's - PBS - flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its television broadcast debut as "the last best hope for broadcast documentaries," FRONTLINE's stature over 23 years is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience. Series release date: 1/1983
- Program Description
Part One: 2 hour broadcast on Monday, April 1, 2013.
Kind Hearted Woman is a special co-presentation of FRONTLINE and Independent Lens.
In a special two-part series, acclaimed filmmaker David Sutherland (The Farmer's Wife, Country Boys) creates an unforgettable portrait of Robin Charboneau, a 32-year-old divorced single mother and Oglala Sioux woman living on North Dakota's Spirit Lake Reservation. Sutherland follows Robin over three years as she struggles to raise her two children, further her education, and heal herself from the wounds of sexual abuse she suffered as a child. Robin's battles in tribal court with her ex-husband for custody of the children, even after he is convicted of abusive sexual contact with his daughter, illuminates how serious this problem is on the reservation. Her quest to heal her family, find a man worthy of her love, build a career, and fulfill her goal of returning to her reservation to help prevent the abuse of women and children, takes her on an intimate and inspiring journey full of heartbreak, discovery, and redemption. "As in my other films profiling rural poverty," says Sutherland, "I was trying to reach out to another forgotten corner of the American landscape, this time to put a face on a Native family so that we could see them close-up with all the detail that illuminates the rich reality of their lives."
A David Sutherland Production for WGBH/FRONTLINE and the Independent Television Service (ITVS)
©2013 David Sutherland Productions, Inc. and WGBH Educational Foundation
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Public Affairs
- Fanning, David (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Kind Hearted Woman, Part 1,” 04/01/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_261A896173D24E23BA7F414692DAE9BD.
- MLA: “FRONTLINE Special Report; Kind Hearted Woman, Part 1.” 04/01/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_261A896173D24E23BA7F414692DAE9BD>.
- APA: FRONTLINE Special Report; Kind Hearted Woman, Part 1. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_261A896173D24E23BA7F414692DAE9BD