Evening at Pops; Americana Night With Marian Anderson
Minor video dropouts during first 10:00 of tape. Quality improves after that and holds steady throughout remainder of tape.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Americana Night With Marian Anderson
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Some rousing tunes and thoughts for Independence Day with the New England Conservatory Chorus, plus a Pops medley of favorites. But the his point of the evening is Aaron Copland's Lincoln Portrait narrated by the Lady from Philadelphia, Marian Anderson.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Americana Night With Marian Anderson,” 06/24/1974, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_25E4C452995C4CE3A699537EBCDE9D36.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Americana Night With Marian Anderson.” 06/24/1974. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_25E4C452995C4CE3A699537EBCDE9D36>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Americana Night With Marian Anderson. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_25E4C452995C4CE3A699537EBCDE9D36