Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp Builds a Nest; Stuck Duck
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Chirp Builds a Nest; Stuck Duck
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 215 CHIRP BUILDS A NEST DESPERATE TO FLY, CHIRP WONDERS IF BUILDING A NEST WILL HELP HER?
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS DECIDE TO BUILD A HOUSE FOR THEIR STUFFED ANIMALS AND ACTION FIGURES. WITH CARDBOARD AND TAPE THEY MAKE AN EXCELLENT 2 STORY HOUSE WITH A ROOF. WILL IT WORK IN THE RAIN? "FIND SOME OLD BOXES AND TRY BUILDING YOUR OWN HOUSE."
STUCK DUCK HOW DO YOU UNSTICK A DUCK WHO’S STUCK IN A HOLLOW LOG? (SAY THAT FIVE TIMES, FAST!)
INTERSTITIAL: WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH AN OLD PIECE OF TUBING OR PIPE? THE KIDS ARE ROLLING BALLS THROUGH TUBES. ONE BALL GETS STUCK, BUT THE KIDS KNOW WHAT TO DO TO GET THE BALL UNSTUCK. "TRY ROLLING BALLS THROUGH DIFFERENT KINDS OF TUBES."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp Builds a Nest; Stuck Duck,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_25D507BAC75D415E84714C52E7984D2E.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp Builds a Nest; Stuck Duck.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_25D507BAC75D415E84714C52E7984D2E>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp Builds a Nest; Stuck Duck. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_25D507BAC75D415E84714C52E7984D2E