High School Quiz Show; Hingham vs. Whitman-Hanson
High School Quiz Show #203: Hingham vs. Whitman–Hanson Broadcast 2/27/2011 Shot at WGBH
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- High School Quiz Show
- Hingham vs. Whitman-Hanson
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiering on March 22, High School Quiz Show puts the spotlight on some of Massachusetts' best and brightest young scholars. Produced right here at WGBH, this statewide competition encourages, showcases, and rewards the academic achievement and intellectual curiosity of Massachusetts high school students.
High School Quiz Show builds on the success of As Schools Match Wits, a co-production of Westfield State College and WGBY, WGBH’s sister station in Western Massachusetts.
In its premiere season, High School Quiz Show’s academic tournament launches with 20 schools from eastern Massachusetts competing in 10 qualifying rounds. The four schools with the highest overall points will advance to our state finals, where they'll compete with the four top qualifying teams from As Schools Match Wits, all vying for the top spot as High School Quiz Show's first-ever state champion!
Dhaya Lakshminarayanan, host of High School Quiz Show. Besides leading the action on our show, she's a business consultant, stand-up comedian, and a scholar herself, having earned two degrees from MIT.
Major production support for High School Quiz Show is provided by the University of Massachusetts. Series release date: 3/22/2010
- Program Description
Hingham vs. Whitman-Hanson Regional High School keeps the quiz contest going. Hingham gains the next spot in the Quarterfinals.
Celebrity Question: David Pogue, Nova Making Stuff
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Game Show
- Wells, Hillary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “High School Quiz Show; Hingham vs. Whitman-Hanson,” 02/27/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2598EAA2CD12427ABB7855A43E0507A1.
- MLA: “High School Quiz Show; Hingham vs. Whitman-Hanson.” 02/27/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2598EAA2CD12427ABB7855A43E0507A1>.
- APA: High School Quiz Show; Hingham vs. Whitman-Hanson. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2598EAA2CD12427ABB7855A43E0507A1