Arthur; Blackout, The; Mei Lin Takes a Stand
Beta, green label broadcast master. Mix Tracks
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Blackout, The; Mei Lin Takes a Stand
- Program Number
1208; 161A; 161B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
The Blackout: t's the hottest day in Elwood City, when a total blackout leaves its residents without any electricity. Will Arthur and DW survive without AC and TV? Luckily, the Molina family steps in to teach the Reads a lesson on how to keep cool and have fun as a community even under the toughest of weather conditions!
Mei Lin Takes a Stand: Binky's baby sister Mei-Lin isn't keen on learning to walk and would rather stick to crawling. But then Baby Kate and Pal's flea friends, brothers Sale and Pepe, return to Elwood City and share a tale of a little princess in the land of "Hanzan-Niis" who learns to walk in order to save her beloved court jester. Will Mei Lin be inspired to take a stand or continue to stumble?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Blackout, The; Mei Lin Takes a Stand,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_24EFC14C3F604D33A3A3FC60988F1214.
- MLA: “Arthur; Blackout, The; Mei Lin Takes a Stand.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_24EFC14C3F604D33A3A3FC60988F1214>.
- APA: Arthur; Blackout, The; Mei Lin Takes a Stand. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_24EFC14C3F604D33A3A3FC60988F1214