Ten O'Clock News; Quincy Market environs
Quincy Market environs, domed roof of long market building. Extremely high shot looking beyond expressway. Exterior of market, children eating ice cream. Entrance to Crate & Barrel, Crabtree & Evelyn, The Berkeley Shop, other shops. Grasshopper weather vane on gold cupola of Faneuil Hall.
- Ten O'Clock News
Quincy Market environs
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Faneuil Hall (Boston, Mass.)
- Quincy's Market (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Quincy Market environs,” 08/22/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_24EFBD6ACFB146C3B89DB9D99FAC6172.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Quincy Market environs.” 08/22/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_24EFBD6ACFB146C3B89DB9D99FAC6172>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Quincy Market environs. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_24EFBD6ACFB146C3B89DB9D99FAC6172