Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bookcase
APT Master Bookcase with Tom McLaughlin and a road trip to the Fuller Craft Museum with guests Perry Price and Jenna Goldberg
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Simple Case Construction Book Case – Episode 12
This time, on Rough Cut, Tommy discusses project design and explains how to do basic mortise and tenon joinery for a Simple Case Construction Bookcase project. He takes a Road Trip to the Furniture Divas exhibit at the Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton, Massachusetts. Back in the shop, Tommy is joined by New Hampshire furniture maker Tom McLaughlin.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Band Saw Marking Gauge Router Combination Square Clamps
Field Trip: Furniture Divas, Fuller Craft Museum, Brockton, Massachusetts
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bookcase,” 11/02/2011, GBH Archives, accessed November 24, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_24B466E714D84D5284B928283D011FC7.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bookcase.” 11/02/2011. GBH Archives. Web. November 24, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_24B466E714D84D5284B928283D011FC7>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bookcase. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_24B466E714D84D5284B928283D011FC7