Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Montreal: Cooking On The Wild Side
Montreal: Cooking on the Wild Side Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Montreal: Cooking On The Wild Side
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 52 In and around Montreal, the great outdoors plays a major role in inspiring the unique local flavor. Just 40 minutes outside the city, the collaboration between a chef and a forager results in an elegant restaurant menu. Meet a fourth-generation apple farmer who mixes the Old World and the New by producing cider using the méthode champenoise. Back in the city, tour the biggest indoor market in Canada. In the garden behind Joe Beef, chef Fred Morin shows how his fearless approach to experimentation defines his restaurant’s quirky comfort food. In the Gourmet test kitchen, food editor Paul Grimes uses Canadian maple syrup to prepare a delicious whole chicken in a pan.
RECIPES Chicken with Black Pepper-Maple Sauce Pollo Alla Cacciatora con Peperoni (Hunter’s-Style Chicken with Peppers) Porcini and Honey I
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Montreal: Cooking On The Wild Side,” 03/13/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_248BBC98AB7747AA818E7082EDC49E44.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Montreal: Cooking On The Wild Side.” 03/13/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_248BBC98AB7747AA818E7082EDC49E44>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Montreal: Cooking On The Wild Side. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_248BBC98AB7747AA818E7082EDC49E44