Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Mercedes Doretti
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Mercedes Doretti WGBH CC Master Show #3013
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Mercedes Doretti
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Host María Hinojosa talks with Mercedes Doretti, a world leader in using forensic anthropology and archeology to investigate human rights violations. Doretti is the co–founder of the Argentine Forensic Anthropology Team. From Indonesia to Congo, from El Salvador to Croatia, Doretti’s organization has worked at every known location of genocide and mass killings. Their findings are used by Amnesty International, the United Nations, and other human rights organizations in reporting crimes against humanity. Join this 2007 McArthur Fellow as she describes her challenging work.
NOTE: The 2XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 30XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe program number: 208
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Mercedes Doretti,” 04/29/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_238237C50E0B4E8FA124801682403572.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Mercedes Doretti.” 04/29/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_238237C50E0B4E8FA124801682403572>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Mercedes Doretti. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_238237C50E0B4E8FA124801682403572