Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Eve Ensler
Caption Master La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Eve Ensler 1/15/2010 TRT: 26.46 Op: T.C.P. TC: SD 29.97 DF Anamorphic, CC
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Eve Ensler
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
A worldwide phenomenon, the female empowerment play The Vagina Monologues has been translated into 45 different languages and performed in more than 119 countries. Creator Eve Ensler joins María Hinojosa for discussion about the play, its global impact, and her tireless activism. Ensler created V-Day to stop violence against women around the world. In 10 years, the movement has raised over $70 million and has been cited as one of Worth magazine's "100 Best Charities.”
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Eve Ensler,” 01/15/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2336910595D64FAEB84C768508EF53B6.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Eve Ensler.” 01/15/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2336910595D64FAEB84C768508EF53B6>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Eve Ensler. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2336910595D64FAEB84C768508EF53B6