Ten O'Clock News; George McGovern in Boston
George McGovern visits Boston to raise funds among liberals for his 1980 Senate reelection campaign in South Dakota. He doubts that there will ever be a senate race run purely on funds contributed within the border of the state. He thinks that campaigns should be financed publicly. Speaks about his nomination for presidency in 1972. Additional footage includes McGovern meeting and speaking with liberal Massachusetts politicians at a gathering.
- Ten O'Clock News
George McGovern in Boston
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Legislators -- United States
- Political campaigns
- McGovern, George S. (George Stanley), 1922-
- Politics, Practical
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- McGovern, George S. (George Stanley), 1922- (Speaker)
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; George McGovern in Boston,” 11/20/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 5, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_23258731EF2F4759859CE09C38224873.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; George McGovern in Boston.” 11/20/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 5, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_23258731EF2F4759859CE09C38224873>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; George McGovern in Boston. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_23258731EF2F4759859CE09C38224873