Ten O'Clock News; Construction of T Station
Red line T construction. Harvard Square stop, tunnel, tracks. Western Avenue, Cambridge. Interview with a man from the Department of Public Works (DPW) about the roads and bridges in Massachusetts - spending approximately $500 million per year - $100 million in paving, $150 million in bridges, $250 million in safety and new roads. He states that there are about 14,000 miles of road in Massachusetts and about 1/3 of those roads need serious work. He approximates that out of the 5,000 bridges in Massachusetts, 2,200 are in substandard shape, 900 in critical condition. DPW infrastructure includes roads, bridges, transit, airports, sewer and water. He explains the need for the federal government's assistance. He states that these projects will create jobs - approximately 90 jobs per million dollars spent.
- Ten O'Clock News
Construction of T Station
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Construction industry
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Harvard Square (Cambridge, Mass.)
- News Report
- Bennett, Charles (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Construction of T Station,” 11/08/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_22C7443705164F1AB5C15CD942AD6B6E.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Construction of T Station.” 11/08/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_22C7443705164F1AB5C15CD942AD6B6E>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Construction of T Station. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_22C7443705164F1AB5C15CD942AD6B6E