Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; There’s Food Safety and Then There’s Food Safety
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- There’s Food Safety and Then There’s Food Safety
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Ruff is thrilled to find a tortilla chip that looks EXACTLY like him. Meanwhile, Grandma Ruffman is trying to figure out how to protect a cake she wants to mail. So Ruff sends Harsha, Noël, and Sam to build a foolproof structure that can protect his chip and Grandma Ruffman's cake. Blossom wants to trick Ruff into eating his special chip and sends Sammy to Spanish Harlem in New York City to make a tempting salsa. Will the chip survive? And will the FETCHers' structure stand up to a monster truck called Bigfoot?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; There’s Food Safety and Then There’s Food Safety,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_225BF53F1A2A452F844DB17ECB14D87D.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; There’s Food Safety and Then There’s Food Safety.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_225BF53F1A2A452F844DB17ECB14D87D>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; There’s Food Safety and Then There’s Food Safety. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_225BF53F1A2A452F844DB17ECB14D87D