Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Coopered Leg Table
Rough Cut Ep 301 Coopered Leg Table
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Coopered Leg Table
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
The multi-Daytime Emmy®-nominee ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC gives viewers the confidence to fulfill their furniture-making dreams. In the highly anticipated third season, respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald shares more of his bold and inspiring woodworking designs. Thirteen new half-hour episodes introduce a variety of projects — ranging from a contemporary chair and a demi-lune table to a laminated turned salad bowl and Tommy's famous tool box — for the "Do-It-Yourself" enthusiast. This season, Tommy takes field trips to visit historic landmarks in California, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New York in search of design inspiration. Then, he returns to his Boston-based workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques to create a wide variety of pieces for the home and office.
Coopered Leg Table On the premiere of Rough Cut Season 3, Tommy creates a beautiful ambrosia maple Coopered Leg Table – perfect for a dining room or office. To get inspiration for the piece, Tommy travels to beautiful Napa Valley for a visit to the incredible Seguin Moreau Cooperage. Here Tommy gets an up close tour of the wine-barrel making process. Full of ideas from Napa, Tommy returns to the shop to teach the technique of coopering.
Resources: Table Saw Bandsaw Router Handplane Bench Chisels
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Coopered Leg Table,” 08/15/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2160C5BB23B9421E93EE46B3A21B56E4.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Coopered Leg Table.” 08/15/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2160C5BB23B9421E93EE46B3A21B56E4>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Coopered Leg Table. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2160C5BB23B9421E93EE46B3A21B56E4