Simply Ming; Cranberry-Lemongrass Sauce
SD Base Revision 001 Uncaptioned Master
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Simply Ming
- Cranberry-Lemongrass Sauce
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Repackaged encore broadcast of Simply Ming program 416.
Guest Chef: Eric Ripert
In Chinese cuisine, meat and fruit are a classic combination. Pineapple with pork is just one example, and, the best part is, the pairing has proved popular with adults and picky children alike – especially sweet and sour sauce! To prove his love for all things sweet and savory, Ming creates a master recipe of Cranberry-Lemongrass Sauce, made with shallots, garlic, and finished with butter. With it, he cooks a Coriander-Crusted Venison Carpaccio with Cranberry-Lemongrass Frisee Salad, as well as a Double-Thick Glazed Pork Chop. After preparing a Seared Duck with Yam Ravioli, Ming takes a trip to Beijing’s Da Dong restaurant to see owner Da Dong making Peking duck. Guest chef Eric Ripert of Le Bernardin Restaurant appears in the studio to create a Hamachi Tandoori with Pickled Cucumber Salad.
Recipes: Double Thick Glazed Pork Chops Seared Duck Breast with Yam Ravioli Venison Carpaccio with Cranberry Salad Frisee Cranberry-Lemongrass Sauce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cranberry-Lemongrass Sauce,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_215FA265089E45D2AA9C97DB36E32746.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cranberry-Lemongrass Sauce.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_215FA265089E45D2AA9C97DB36E32746>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cranberry-Lemongrass Sauce. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_215FA265089E45D2AA9C97DB36E32746