Arthur; Arthur Writes a Story; Arthur’s Lost Dog
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Writes a Story; Arthur’s Lost Dog
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur Writes a Story: Struggling with a school assignment, Arthur decides that his regular old life is just too boring to write about. But when his tale of getting Pal starts to involve invisible elephants and trips to outer space, Arthur loses his audience. Sometimes truth is more interesting than fiction! The basis of an Arthur picture book.
Arthur's Lost Dog: Unfortunately, Arthur is the only one who believes in the superior intelligence of his dog, Pal. But even Arthur gets confused when Pal runs away at a local parade. Is Pal unhappy at home? Or does Pal's disappearance have something to do with Baby Kate's hysterics?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Writes a Story; Arthur’s Lost Dog,” 10/04/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_215512790E5147A6BEA0AD2F3FACE6CF.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Writes a Story; Arthur’s Lost Dog.” 10/04/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_215512790E5147A6BEA0AD2F3FACE6CF>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Writes a Story; Arthur’s Lost Dog. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_215512790E5147A6BEA0AD2F3FACE6CF