La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Michele Serros
APT Master Conversations with Ilan Stavans Michele Serros closed captioned APT version
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Michele Serros
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Michele Serros was still a student at Santa Monica College when her first book of poetry and short stories, Chicana Falsa and other stories of Death, Identity and Oxnard, was published. Newsweek recently named Serros, 36, "one of the top young women to watch for in the new century." Serros also made the Los Angeles Times bestsellers' list with her newest collection of fiction, How to be a Chicana Role Model. She reflects with host Ilan Stavans on her decision to become a writer and discusses her new book, a young adult fiction novel, tentatively titled Notes for a Medium Brown Girl.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Michele Serros,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_20F90CACC1FE48A0BFC370168B7FB6DB.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Michele Serros.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_20F90CACC1FE48A0BFC370168B7FB6DB>.
- APA: La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Michele Serros. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_20F90CACC1FE48A0BFC370168B7FB6DB