Ten O'Clock News; Dan Quayle interview
Christopher Lydon interviews Vice President Dan Quayle. Quayle talks about his visit to Mission Hill Elementary School and the Carol Stuart murder case. He says that respect among people will bring racial harmony. Quayle talks about his upcoming visit to Latin America and US foreign policy in Panama. He also talks about the Republican Party's position on abortion. Following the edited story is additional footage of the interview, mostly the second camera view of the same content in the edited story.
- Ten O'Clock News
Dan Quayle interview
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Race relations
- School children
- Quayle, Dan, 1947-
- International relations
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854-)
- Boston (Mass.)
- Mission Hill (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Quayle, Dan, 1947- (Interviewee)
- Lydon, Christopher (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Dan Quayle interview,” 01/22/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_20A87115DD0B46EBAE713325F07B9755.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Dan Quayle interview.” 01/22/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_20A87115DD0B46EBAE713325F07B9755>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Dan Quayle interview. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_20A87115DD0B46EBAE713325F07B9755