Ten O'Clock News; Renoir
Interview with art historian Barbara Ehrlich White commenting on the evolution in the portraiture and life of Renoir,highlighting the contrast between his joyful art and his difficult life, on the occasion of a major exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts. Footage of the paintings from the exhibit and photographs of Renoir.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Art -- Exhibitions
- Art museums
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Parmelee, Robin (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Renoir,” 01/03/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2068542E66064D3AA876CF56DE918864.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Renoir.” 01/03/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2068542E66064D3AA876CF56DE918864>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Renoir. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2068542E66064D3AA876CF56DE918864