American Experience; Nixon; Troops arrive Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
82nd Airborne troops arrive for Moratorium, anti-Vietnam war demonstration, to Washington, DC. Airfield, troops in helmets, with rifles. Boarding open trucks. Convoy of trucks along highway and sign: North, Washington."
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Troops arrive Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bolling Air Force Base (Washington, D.C.)
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- Washington (D.C.)
- Vietnam Moratorium, 1969
- United States--Armed Forces
- United States--History--1945-
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements--United States
- Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, DC
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Troops arrive Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969,” 11/12/1969, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_200FBB2CD56F46FCA14F4A4A0814D78F.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Troops arrive Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969.” 11/12/1969. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_200FBB2CD56F46FCA14F4A4A0814D78F>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Troops arrive Moratorium, Vietnam protest, 1969. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_200FBB2CD56F46FCA14F4A4A0814D78F