Simply Ming; On the Road in Chattanooga
Simply Ming Ep 1019 Chattanooga: Erik Niel SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in Chattanooga
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
On this Southern-inspired episode of Simply Ming, Chef Ming Tsai takes us to Chattanooga, Tennessee to learn some of the region’s culinary secrets. An up and coming culinary hotspot, Chattanooga has a lot to offer the adventuresome palate. Ming and guest Chef Erik Niel will explore the local markets and come up with two dishes, Chile-Cornmeal Trout with Shrimp Chocrute and Roast Pork CHop with Curry Squash Pancake, that are sure to make your mouth water.
Recipes Ming's Chili Cornmeal Trout with Shrimp Chocrute Eric Neil's (Erik Niel) Roast Pork Chop with Curry Squash Pancake
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Chattanooga,” 12/11/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_20062F037ECF4945A3DA6E58D4048138.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Chattanooga.” 12/11/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_20062F037ECF4945A3DA6E58D4048138>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in Chattanooga. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_20062F037ECF4945A3DA6E58D4048138