Arthur; Great MacGrady, The, Parts I and II
D-Beta, green label broadcast master. Mix Tracks version 1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Great MacGrady, The, Parts I and II
- Program Number
1301; 163B; 164B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Parts 1 and 2 Broadcast on same day.
Great MacGrady, The, Parts I and II, 163B; 164B When Mrs. McGrady is diagnosed with cancer, Arthur and his friends all act differently to the news – Arthur and D.W. rush to her side with heaps of chicken soup and stuffed animals, Muffy tries to pretend that nothing in her life has changed, and Francine is so upset she can’t even bring herself to visit Mrs. MacGrady. In this two-part episode, parents and kids learn how they can come together to support Mrs. MacGrady and each other – and Lance Armstrong makes a special appearance to show Francine and the Elwood City residents how they can take a stand, or ride a bike, for cancer survivors.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Great MacGrady, The, Parts I and II,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1F56E9391E354EAFAA12DAC75C437050.
- MLA: “Arthur; Great MacGrady, The, Parts I and II.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1F56E9391E354EAFAA12DAC75C437050>.
- APA: Arthur; Great MacGrady, The, Parts I and II. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1F56E9391E354EAFAA12DAC75C437050