Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks III, Philip Levine
Part of New Television Workshop.
Original Footage Reel 1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks III, Philip Levine
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Philip Levine reads and introduces his poems. The following poems appear on the master tapes with and without the "Poetry Breaks" logo and copyright: "Belle Isle 1949" "Gin" "My Grandmother in Heaven" "For Fran" "The Simple Truth" "Sweet Will" "What Work Is" "A Late Answer"
The source tapes contain multiple takes of these poems.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Poetry reading
- Performance in a Studio
- Marcia Hulley (Producer)
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Levine, Philip, 1928- ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks III, Philip Levine,” 11/15/1994, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1E9A60C671DB4E5494A1F52AE5D6250B.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks III, Philip Levine.” 11/15/1994. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1E9A60C671DB4E5494A1F52AE5D6250B>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks III, Philip Levine. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1E9A60C671DB4E5494A1F52AE5D6250B