Martha Speaks; Here’s Martha; Dog Fight
MSPE 137 MI#1125653 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Here’s Martha; Dog Fight
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Here's Martha! Martha hosts a TV show where she helps people understand their animals better by explaining what they're saying. Unfortunately, the only viewers are Martha and her friends, so the producers try a new format, Crime Scene Doggie.
Vocabulary: (E) interview, conversation, understand, interpret, comprehend
(I) chat, thoughts, think, mind, know
Dog Fight Martha and Skits don't want to share their newest, coolest dog toy. Their bickering is driving Helen nuts, and now TD and Alice have taken sides. Can't they all just get along?
Vocabulary: (E) quarrel, bicker, negotiate, barter, truce
(I) selfish, fight, share, take a turn, trade
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Here’s Martha; Dog Fight,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DEF622F960D44A18253EC3FAB328474.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Here’s Martha; Dog Fight.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DEF622F960D44A18253EC3FAB328474>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Here’s Martha; Dog Fight. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DEF622F960D44A18253EC3FAB328474