Peep And The Big Wide World; Bringing Spring; Quack’s Pond Party
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Bringing Spring; Quack’s Pond Party
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 4 EPISODE 52
52A BRINGING SPRING: ANIMATION: IT’S FEBRUARY, WHICH MEANS IT’S AND COLD AND BLEAGH AND DREARY. BUT THINGS START TO CHEER UP WHEN THE BIRDS HELP A YOUNG GROUNDHOG FIND HER SHADOW.
INTERSTITIAL: KIDS DO SHADOW PLAY OUTSIDE WITH NATURAL LIGHT, USING FULL BODIES, ON DIFFERENT SURFACES (GROUND, WALL, BROKEN WALL).
52B QUACK’S POND PARTY ANIMATION: QUACK NEEDS SOME ATTENTION (SHOCKING!), AND DECIDES TO THROW A PARTY TO GET SOME. HE’LL BE THE ENTERTAINMENT, OF COURSE, BUT WHAT SHOULD HE SERVE TO EAT?
INTERSTITIAL: KIDS TRY EATING LIKE DIFFERENT ANIMALS, USING THEIR MOUTHS AND CHOPSTICKS AND STRAWS, LEARNING THAT THE TOOLS THAT YOU HAVE (MANMADE OR NATURE-GIVEN) DETERMINE WHAT YOU CAN EAT.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Bringing Spring; Quack’s Pond Party,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 13, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DE8FB1FABEC4932AE80016538216D00.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Bringing Spring; Quack’s Pond Party.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 13, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DE8FB1FABEC4932AE80016538216D00>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Bringing Spring; Quack’s Pond Party. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DE8FB1FABEC4932AE80016538216D00