Simply Ming; Coconut Milk/ Cranberries
Coconut Milk and Cranberries with Annie Copps
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Coconut Milk/ Cranberries
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Annie Copps
In this week’s serving of SIMPLY MING, sweet, smooth coconut milk from the East is paired with tart cranberries from the West. To begin, Chef Ming Tsai prepares a Coconut-Cranberry Chicken Curry that introduces India to Cape Cod through its sweet, tart and spicy flavors. Then, Ming uses a brined pork loin to make succulent Peppered Pork Tenderloin with Sweet and Sour Cranberry-Coconut Sauce. To complete the meal, Ming demonstrates the tricks to preparing the perfect poundcake with his delicious recipe for Coconut-Cranberry Poundcake with Coconut Glaze. And later, Annie Copps, Senior Editor for food at Yankee Magazine puts a fun spin on the ingredient pairing with her Coconut and Banana Freeze Pops with Dried Cranberries.
Recipes Coconut-Cranberry Chicken Curry Annie Copps' Coconut and Banana Freezer Pops with Dried Cranberries Coconut-Cranberry Poundcake with Coconut Glaze Peppered Pork Tenderloin with Sweet and Sour Cranberry-Coconut Sauce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Coconut Milk/ Cranberries,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 24, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DA6CB3C016849AEBEBABDB0E9375EA0.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Coconut Milk/ Cranberries.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 24, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DA6CB3C016849AEBEBABDB0E9375EA0>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Coconut Milk/ Cranberries. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1DA6CB3C016849AEBEBABDB0E9375EA0