Peep And The Big Wide World; Nosing Around; Last Straw, The
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast on DCI.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Nosing Around; Last Straw, The
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 3 EPISODE 42 42B NOSING AROUND WRITTEN BY: GLEN BERGER PEE-YEW. WHAT IS THAT AWFUL SMELL? THE ONE THAT’S COMING FROM THE BIG BLUE DUCK WITH THE SMALL WHITE HAT? SCIENCE: SMELL INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS COVER THEIR EYES AND TRY TO GUESS WHAT FOODS THEY ARE SMELLING. THEY ALSO MIX DIFFERENT FOODS TOGETHER AND SMELL THE RESULTS. “TRY MIXING DIFFERENT STUFF TOGETHER AND SEE WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE.”
41B THE LAST STRAW WRITTEN BY: GLEN BERGER PEEP AND CHIRP DISCOVER THAT A DRINKING STRAW HAS MANY USES: IT CAN HELP YOU BLOW BUBBLES, BREATHE UNDERWATER, AND SPY ON QUACK. SCIENCE: PROPERTIES OF OBJECTS AND MATERIALS (DRINKING STRAWS) INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS HAVE FUN PLAYING WITH STRAWS: THEY BLOW BUBBLES, PLAY STRAW HOCKEY, AND MOVE PAINT AROUND ON PAPER. “SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO WHEN YOU PLAY WITH STRAWS.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Nosing Around; Last Straw, The,” 03/09/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1D7F66A3244F418986BDF299295AC779.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Nosing Around; Last Straw, The.” 03/09/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1D7F66A3244F418986BDF299295AC779>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Nosing Around; Last Straw, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1D7F66A3244F418986BDF299295AC779